Personal Value & Principle: Accomplishment & Success
What have I accomplished today? this month? this year? Am I on track? What do I need to do to catch up?
Have I succeeded in validating my hypotheses and tests? Have I failed? What should I let go and stop doing? What must I start doing?
These are questions I ponder on especially whenever I get off-track or distracted or uncertain.
Accomplishment and success are important to me. When DigitalFilipino.com, my personal blog started in 1999, it was my experimental playground as I tried to do many things to satisfy my curiosity. This includes:
- Published e-commerce and blogging books
- Published research reports
- Published Internet history documentary
- Formed an e-commerce club and get crowdfunding support.
- Formed a blogging network
- Published e-learning training content online.
- Help MSMEs and Professionals improve their brand and become more fascinating.
- Become an e-commerce, digital marketing, freelancing, leadership lead trainer.
- Develop e-commerce, digital marketing, freelancing, leadership education program.
- Become a mentor or coach to my peers and students.
- Put up a Speakers Club.
- among other things
More importantly, what do they mean? Did it benefit others?
- Did the books helped a person in their e-commerce and blogging adventures?
- Did our research reports helped a decision maker in their business?
- Did the documentary helped a student get through their thesis requirements?
- Did the club / Patreon membership perks helped a member in their personal development?
- Did our blogging network opened opportunities for bloggers to get more gigs?
- Did our free e-commerce, digital marketing, freelancing learning modules helped a person learn more and become better in their job or what they are into?
- Has it helped a person improved their personal brand and embrace what makes fascinating?
- Has our e-commerce, digital marketing, freelancing, leadership training programs benefitted trainers and participants (exposed them to business opportunities and new income)?
- Has our Speakers Club helped members improve their connecting skills?
- among others
Being able to do the above has given me a sense of personal accomplishment. But I also had to let them go and must constantly strive to try out new things – to improve further. Especially in the field I am in where what worked in the past may not be a case anymore in the present and future.
So yes, I celebrate our modest accomplishments and success. Thank God, my family, peers, and everyone who made them possible.
Reflect often, think about how far can I go, and focus to make them happen.